Thursday, November 17, 2011

Road Trip!!!

Last Saturday Sandy & I headed off to Bathurst to do some shopping and meet some bloggers.
Where else to shop in Bathurst but Anni Down's shop - The Home Patch!!
Where else to meet up with fellow quilting bloggers - The Home Patch!!
 Me with Alison (non blogger), Chookyblue and Kate-Show & Tell

And one with Sandy - Patchwork Angel

 Deb & Khris were doing a Punchneedle class with Anni so we gatecrashed the classroom to say hello!

The Home Patch is  such a beautiful shop - with so much fabric and other goodies in every nook and cranny - I am sure you can't take it all in in one visit!



And outside is just as lovely - it is a really old building that has such character..





After some serious shopping by us all we headed into town to Crepes Royale - for an extremely delicious lunch!
 Funny......I didn't get any pics of the main course..........just dessert LOL





Now, for those who know me, know that i have said I will not start doing Hexagons/ Paper Piecing. Don't get me wrong, it is not that I don't like it, it is because it is just another thing that I don't want to start and not finish LOL
When I was in Brisbane for the retreat last month one of the patchwork shops gave us a sample pack of hexagons in our bags. So I took this to show Chookyblue, for a joke as she introduced me to Sue Daley (queen of paper piecing) at the Craft show as someone who refuse to do hexies LOL so of course she had to show me how to put them together. 
So everyone, here is the proof - Anita doing Hexies!!

But just so you know - I haven't been "sucked into the hexie vortex"...........well not yet anyway hehe!!


If you want to see some more pics of our fantastic day go visit the other girl's blogs...........they of course had their posts up on their blogs within a day or 2 of going. Me - well it took me almost a week !!
Thanks girls for a great day - it is amazing how the internet brings us all together. I was so glad we got to meet, love how we meet for the first time and we get on like old friends, like we have known each other for ever. Can't wait until next time!!!!

Hugs,
Anita
xx




14 comments:

Khris78 said...

It was a great day :) Your photos of those desserts made my mouth water...Yum!!!

Cardygirl said...

Looks like so much fun...bet the hexies get you yet!

Janice said...

I can't wait till next time either, because I might actually get there. It sounds like you all had the best day. Love those desserts. I'm a bit like you with hexies. Yes, I've done some, but don't want more UFOs.

Show and Tell said...

It is only a matter of time before those Hexi's get under your skin....lol.....Thanks for a great day and see you again soon Anita....x

Wacky Woman said...

Oh, you lucky girl. Nothing better than spending time with quilty friends. Wish you could go to a Two Wacky Women retreat.

Khris said...

Fantastic pics Anita....looks like a great day was had by all...wish I was with you!!! Hugs Khris

Googy Girl said...

Looks like you had a great day, the shop looks amazing and the desserts divine

Karen Mallory said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time Anita! Of course it was just pictures of the desserts as that was the most important part of the meal! LOL
hugs Karen

SandyN said...

Thanks for sharing the day with me.


Sandyn

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I know the hexies will get you in...LOL...photos are great Anita....

Chookyblue...... said...

so glad you emailed me and my only weekend worked out........we sure will have to do it again next year.........

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and is the hexagon flower finished yet???

Anonymous said...

Great trips you've been on Anita... I'm surprised you are getting any sewing done. :)
I'm a bit worried about paper piecing as it will be GDITC next year. Maybe I should start something ???

Lenora said...

Hi Anita, maybe the Hexie vortex will suck you in after Nundle 2012! Look forward to meeting you there.