Saturday, December 31, 2011

Slack blogger......again

Oh dear - it has been over a month since I did a blog post! But life has been good, work is very busy which means I don't accomplish much in my down time LOL
But I have done some sewing unfortunately not all of it has been photographed! I did remember to take a pic of this cute wall hanging I made for Diana for a swap
and I made another one of these tablerunners (same colours) also for Diana

Our little sewing group also went out for lunch  for the end of the year and Laurel brought with her her first finished quilt for her first grandchild due early next year. Very cute colours and with owls!
I had a lovely Christmas at home, just a quiet one with my family and my parents. Craig had to work in the morning but was home just after 2pm so that wasn't too bad. We usually have a traditional Roast Turkey dinner but I made these delicious treats for dessert. 
Berry trifle:


and a Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Cheesecake:


Very indulgent!!!! - only a veeerrry small slice needed!


After Christmas we went down to Canberra to visit my brother and his family for a few days. It is not often that most of my family is together so it was nice. Tim came with us and my parents were there and my aunty & uncle from the Gold Coast popped in for a night as well.
We had a great time together, eating, drinking coffee, shopping, eating, drinking coffee, shopping, drinking coffee....you get the idea!!
We also did a bit of sight seeing.....







And now, here it is, the end of another year. 
It is New Years Eve here and I am sitting watching a good movie......no partying for me tonight. 
I hope you all have a safe new year and that you all have a fantastic year in 2012!!!

Hugs,
Anita
xxx

12 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nice to see you are getting to sew a bit...lovely gifts...yummo to the food...lovely photos...Happy New Year Anita...xxx

Karen Mallory said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time Anita. The piccies are great and you are looking good! I am getting slack at blog entries myself. Babysitting takes up the extra time I had! Happy New Year!!
hugs Karen

Cardygirl said...

Happy New Year Anita! Looks like lots of family, fun & yummy food...a perfect Christmas!

SandyN said...

Wow Anita.. So glad you had a nice time in Canberra.... Can't wait to catch up soon.



SAndyn

SandyN said...

Wow Anita.. So glad you had a nice time in Canberra.... Can't wait to catch up soon.



SAndyn

Khris said...

ohhh me ohhh my those desserts look good....gosh after all the eating i have done in the past few months I need my mouth stapled shut....eating better is first on the list for this year although its a bit hard with all the bad food in the house still.
Thanks for your friendship over the years and look forward to many more years of friendship Anita.
Hugs Khris

Janice said...

It sounds like you have had a wonderful Christmas and visit to Canberra, as well as doing some stithing. No wonder you have had no time to blog. Have a terrific New Year.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year and All the Best for 2012...
cheers

Googy Girl said...

Looks like you have been a very busy gal, the food looks yummy

from one slack blogger to the another
Happy new year may you find heaps of time to stitch

Lorraine said...

Happy New Year! Looks like you had some fun family time....I think I just put on a couple of kgs justblooking at your wonderful desserts! Yummo! Have a fab 2012 filled with all things fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Anita... nice to see a post, life certainly gets in the way of blogging doesn't it. Must say you are looking fantastic, I can really notice your weight loss :)

Chookyblue...... said...

good to see you back here..........r u busy next Sat night........not this Sat.........Happy new year........