Monday, August 31, 2009

Southern Highlands


ON Saturday Craig & I decided to have a no work Saturday for a change! So we headed down to the Southern Highlands. First stop was Mittagong where we saw a sign for a craft and produce market. Well that was a big disappointment but we did get some veges and gorgeous tulips for $5 a bunch.

Next stop was Robertson Pie shop and tucked into a yummy potato pie! Craig then proceeded to have a fruit pie as well, but I resisted the temptation (for a change LOL)

Further down the road we went to Bungonia Conservation Area. A very rugged place as you can see from the photos. There are a lot of bushwalks here and it is a very popular place for people to go caving. We just drove around to all the lookouts as the time was getting away from us.

I had to take a pic of this sign, I am glad they told me not to parachute here, as you know, I might just have one in my bag and feel like using it!!

This was a really scary lookout - at the end of the walkway it was just a metal grate under your feet and let me tell you - it was a loooong way down!!

We had a yummy dinner on the way home at a place we haven't been to for many years so that finished off a lovely day.



I have no idea why my text is coming up underlined! I can't seem to fix it!!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

oooh, I used to live in the Southern Highlands many years ago. Mittagong was our closest town at one point.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Anita...looks like you had the perfect day, great photos.

Sharon-NZ said...

Jeez Anita no way in heck you would have got me standing on that grate.eeeeeeeeeek

Bec said...

What a beautiful trip to take! A lovely day with such gorgeous scenery.