Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sewing at retreat....


We did do some sewing while we were at the retreat...........here is a flower pincushion I made from Khris's pattern which was in the last Homespun issue.



I also made a Sew Charmed quilt - another one of Khris's great designs. 

 Khris & I also made these bags with pet mesh.......

 and a few of us made these turtles, I think it was a Heather Bailey pattern. Probably unrecognisable from my "mutant" turtle LOL........I have shared with you before how much I don't like sewing small things..........and this just confirmed it LOL!!!

 below is a pipberry willow tree I bought in a lovely gift shop in Victor Harbour called Thistlebow Gifts (if you are ever in town).

4 comments:

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Love the quilt. It sounds like a wonderful get-away. I'm green with envy. Glad you had a good time.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow you did get some great stitching done.........

Cardygirl said...

Great bag & love the quilt too. I hate sewing fiddly things too...love the turtle...it has character!

Bec said...

What a great lot of stitching you got done! The turtle looks fine, I hate fiddly small stuff too. Fantastic looking bag!
Love the photos in your other posts from SA, very pretty.