The caravan curtains are finished!! Yay!!!
I have sewn up 10 panels of fabric, sewn on 116 little plastic tabs that go in the special tracks and sewn 10 tie backs with velcro then attached them to each curtain panel ( so we don't lose them like we did the old ones!). Whew!!!
AND I got to sew them on this machine -
How cool is this!! This belonged to Craig's mum, who passed away almost 33 years ago, so I doubt it has ever been used since then. It has been in our garage for the last 21 years unused. But we cleaned it up, gave it a drink of oil, plugged it in and off it went! It is solid metal and goes like a dream. I used that to sew the plastic tabs on the curtains as I was worried that my Janome wouldn't like them. It went so well, I finished the curtains off on that machine.
Curtains will go up in the camper next week, so will have some pics then.
Just over a week until we head off on our holiday - can't wait!!
A couple of weeks ago we discovered our shower had been leaking into our bedroom. So we have had have the shower ripped out this past week. We only have one bathroom so this has been a real pain! We have also had to remove part of a wall and some carpet in our bedroom that has been damaged. The tilers are coming on Monday to start tiling the shower so hopefully won't be too much longer that we have to use the bath!
Take care everyone!