Friday, July 6, 2012

Another great weekend!

A couple weeks ago I was invited by SandyN to join her and 2 of her stitching friends for a sewing weekend in the mountains. We had a great weekend sewing, eating, shopping and trying to stay warm LOL
Nice big house but it was VERY cold and hard to heat but it served our sewing needs well!

The view...


I worked on some blocks from the 2009 or 2010 FQ shop Mystery BOM - I managed to get another 2 done so now i have a grand total done of 5 out of 12 LOL
Each block takes me a couple of hours as there is a lot of making sure the cutting out is right and lot of fiddly sewing.
I also worked on some long term stitchery projects and my paper piecing. I got my clamshells finished from Girls Day In The Country but I don't think I will make the sewing keep, I think they might become a cushion.
I also glued all my elongated hexagons down and started sewing them together, can't find the photo though, think it might be on my phone. 


Sandy was working on her Some Kind Of Wonderful quilt which is coming along beautifully.

The other girls were busy at work on some quilt projects too.
Sandy & I went for a walk to the lookout to get some fresh air one day and came across some beautiful properties, including one with these gorgeous gated that reminded us of Kate's gates in her SKOW quilt. 









 Did I mention how cold it was....!!!


And of course we need a food pic!!!


7 comments:

Susan said...

It looks freezing, but the mountains are so lovely in winter. What a great idea to just go away and stitch and catch up.

Googy Girl said...

wow it would be freezing up in the mountains.....love your blocks, your sewing keep looks awfully familiar...(i got the same fabrics, myn is all but finished

SandyN said...

We had a great time... great pictures Anita...


Sandyn

Karen Mallory said...

Looks like you got a lot accomplished. The squares are great ans I love the clamshells.
That place you stayed looks gorgeous! Glad you had another nice time!!
Boo hoo, I never go anywhere! :)
hugs karen

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks and sounds like the perfect weekend Anit...

Chookyblue...... said...

that's the 2008 BOM.........I found my remaining 2 blocks last night so will get onto them this week......have started the sashing etc.......
a wonderful weekend away......a gorgeous but chilly location..........I think you got a good bit done at the retreat.......

Khris78 said...

Looks like a lovely weekend !!!